Jon Gray Speaks to Bloomberg About Real Estate Trends and Opportunities
Blackstone President Jon Gray speaks to David Rubenstein of Bloomberg Wealth about his personal career trajectory, the growth of Blackstone’s real estate franchise and the firm’s expansion.
The sole purpose of this material is to inform, and it in no way is intended to attract any funds or deposits. Investments mentioned may not be appropriate for all investors. Any product discussed herein may be purchased only after an investor received the prospectus and executed the subscription documents.
Alternative investments often are speculative, typically have higher fees than traditional investments, often include a high degree of risk and are appropriate only for eligible, long-term investors who are willing to forgo liquidity and put capital at risk for an indefinite period of time. They may be highly illiquid and can engage in leverage and other speculative practices that may increase volatility and risk of loss.
Stockholders, financial professionals and prospective investors should not rely solely upon the information presented when making an investment decision and should review the most recent prospectus, as supplemented, available at www.breit.com. Certain information contained in the materials discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends, or other broad-based economic, market or political conditions and should not be construed as research or investment advice.
Further, opinions expressed herein may differ from the opinions expressed by a Dealer and/or other businesses/affiliates of a Dealer. This is not a “research report” as defined by FINRA Conduct Rule 2241 or a “debt research report” as defined by FINRA Rule 2242 and was not prepared by the Research Departments of a Dealer or its affiliates.
All rights to the trademarks and/or logos presented herein belong to their respective owners and Blackstone’s use hereof does not imply an affiliation with, or endorsement by, the owners of these trademarks or logos.
Alternative investments involve complex tax structures, tax inefficient investing, and delays in distributing important tax information. Individual funds have specific risks related to their investment programs that will vary from fund to fund. Investors should consult their own tax and legal advisors. REITs are generally not taxed at the corporate level to the extent they distribute all of their taxable income in the form of dividends. Ordinary income dividends are taxed at individual tax rates and distributions may be subject to state tax. Each investor’s tax considerations is different and consult a tax advisor is recommended. Any of the data provided herein should not be construed as investment, tax, accounting or legal advice.
Financial information is approximate and as of July 06, 2021 unless otherwise stated.
This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy BREIT securities, and must be viewed in conjunction with the prospectus of BREIT in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the BREIT offering. A COPY OF THE BREIT PROSPECTUS MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS OFFERING, AND IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.BREIT.COM. Neither the SEC, the Attorney General of the State of New York nor any other state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if the prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.
Past performance is not indicative of future results and there is no assurance that any Blackstone fund will achieve its objectives or avoid significant losses. Statements contained in this recording that are not facts, including statements regarding opinions trends, market conditions and the expertise or experience of Blackstone, are based on current expectations, estimates, projections, opinions, and/or beliefs of Blackstone. Such statements are not facts and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors. This webinar may contain forwarding-looking statements; such statements are subject to various risk and uncertainties. Due to various risks and uncertainties, actual events or results or the actual performance of any investments made in this industry may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated in any forward-looking statements made in the recording. For information about Blackstone’s business, including risks and financial information, please refer to our most recent Annual Report on Form 10- filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For additional information, see Blackstone’s public filings at http://ir.blackstone.com.
Opinions expressed reflect the current opinions of Blackstone as of the date appearing in the materials only and are based on Blackstone’s opinion of the current market environment, which is subject to change. Certain information contained in the materials discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends, or other broad-based economic, market or political conditions and should not be construed as research or investment advice.
None of Blackstone, BREIT or their affiliates make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein and nothing contained herein should be relied upon as a promise of representation as to past or future performance of BREIT or any other entity.
This sales material must be read in conjunction with BREIT’s prospectus in order to fully understand all the implications and risks of an investment in BREIT. This sales material is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. An offering is made only by the prospectus, which must be made available to you in connection with this offering and is available at www.breit.com/prospectus. Prior to making an investment, investors should read the prospectus including the “Risk Factors” section therein, which contain the risks and uncertainties that we believe are material to our business, operating results.
Numerical data is approximate and as of July 06, 2021.
Summary of Risk Factors
BREIT is a non-listed REIT that invests in primarily stabilized commercial real estate properties with a focus on providing current income. This investment involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should read the prospectus carefully for a description of the risks associated with an investment in BREIT. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- There is no public trading market for our common stock and repurchase of shares by us will likely be the only way to dispose of your shares. We are not obligated to repurchase any shares under our share repurchase plan and may choose to repurchase only some, or even none, of the shares that have been requested to be repurchased. In addition, repurchases will be subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. Further, our board of directors may make exceptions to, modify or suspend our share repurchase plan. As a result, our shares should be considered as having only limited liquidity and at times may be illiquid.
- We cannot guarantee that we will make distributions, and if we do we may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including, without limitation, the sale of or repayments under our assets, borrowings or offering proceeds, and we have no limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources.
- The purchase and repurchase price for shares of our common stock are generally based on our prior month’s net asset value (“NAV”) and are not based on any public trading market. While there will be independent annual appraisals of our properties, the appraisal of properties is inherently subjective, and our NAV may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our properties could be liquidated on any given day. The NAV per share, if calculated as of the date on which you make your subscription request or repurchase request, may be significantly different than the transaction price you pay or the repurchase price you receive. Certain of our investments or liabilities are subject to high levels of volatility from time to time and could change in value significantly between the end of the prior month as of which our NAV is determined and the date that you acquire or repurchase our shares, however the prior month’s NAV per share will generally continue to be used as the offering price per share and repurchase price per share.
- We are dependent on BX REIT Advisors L.L.C. (the “Adviser”) to conduct our operations. The Adviser will face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and Other Blackstone Accounts (as defined in BREIT’s prospectus), the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we will pay to the Adviser.
- On acquiring shares, you will experience immediate dilution in the net tangible book value of your investment.
- There are limits on the ownership and transferability of our shares.
- If we fail to qualify as a REIT and no relief provisions apply, our NAV and cash available for distribution to our stockholders could materially decrease.
- We do not own the Blackstone name, but we are permitted to use it as part of our corporate name pursuant to a trademark license agreement with an affiliate of The Blackstone Group Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Blackstone”). Use of the name by other parties or the termination of our trademark license agreement may harm our business.
Certain countries have been susceptible to epidemics which may be designated as pandemics by world health authorities, most recently COVID-19. The outbreak of such epidemics, together with any resulting restrictions on travel or quarantines imposed, has had and will continue to have a negative impact on the economy and business activity globally (including in the countries in which BREIT invests), and thereby is expected to adversely affect the performance of BREIT’s investments. Furthermore, the rapid development of epidemics could preclude prediction as to their ultimate adverse impact on economic and market conditions, and, as a result, presents material uncertainty and risk with respect to BREIT and the performance of its investments. For further information on the impact of COVID-19 on BREIT, please refer to “Risk Factors—The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, has caused severe disruptions in the U.S. and global economy and has had an adverse impact on our performance and results of operations” in BREIT’s prospectus.
For further information on the impact of COVID-19 on BREIT, please refer to “Risk Factors—The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, has caused severe disruptions in the U.S. and global economy and has had an adverse impact on our performance and results of operations” in BREIT’s prospectus.
The words “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to BREIT, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, including BREIT Operating Partnership L.P., unless the context requires otherwise.