Why Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust?
Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (“BREIT”) is a perpetual-life, institutional quality real estate investment platform that brings private real estate to income-focused investors. BREIT invests primarily in stabilized, income-generating U.S. commercial real estate across key property types including, multifamily, industrial, hotel, retail and office.
Alignment of Interests5
* BREIT’s share price is subject to less volatility compared to public equities because its per share NAV is based on the value of real estate assets it owns and is not subject to public market pricing forces as is the price of public equities. Although BREIT’s share price is subject to less volatility compared to public equities, the value of real estate may fluctuate and may be worth less than was initially paid for it. BREIT shares are significantly less liquid than public equities, and are not immune to fluctuations.
December 1, 2021 Transaction Price*
* The above share class information represents the transaction price for each share class of our common stock for subscriptions accepted as of December 1, 2021 (and repurchases as of November 30, 2021). The transaction price presented is rounded to two decimal places.
Annualized Distribution Rate*
* Annualized distribution rate reflects the current month’s distribution annualized and divided by the prior month’s NAV. NAV based calculations involve significant professional judgment. The calculated value of our assets and liabilities may differ from our actual realizable value or future value which would affect the NAV as well as any returns derived from that NAV, and ultimately the value of your investment. As return information is calculated based on NAV, return information presented will be impacted should the assumptions on which NAV was determined prove to be different. For further information, please refer to the “Net Asset Value Calculation and Valuation Guidelines” in BREIT’s prospectus, which describe our valuation process and the independent third parties who assist us. As of September 30, 2021, 100% of inception to date distributions were funded from cash flows from operations.
Sponsored by Blackstone Real Estate
Blackstone Real Estate is a leading global commercial real estate platform with $230B investor capital under management.6
BREIT Literature and Resources
How to Invest
Talk to your financial advisor today.
- Distributions are not guaranteed and may be sourced from non-income items.
- There is no assurance we will pay distributions in any particular amount, if at all. Any distributions we make will be at the discretion of our board of directors. We may fund any distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including, without limitation, the sale of assets, borrowings, return of capital or offering proceeds (including from sales of our common stock or Operating Partnership units to the Special Limited Partner, an affiliate of Blackstone), and we have no limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources.
- There is no guarantee that BREIT will be diversified. Diversification does not eliminate risk or guarantee a profit.
- There can be no assurance that BREIT will achieve its objective or avoid losses.
- Blackstone will also face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and other Blackstone accounts, the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we will pay to Blackstone.
- As of September 30, 2021. Includes GP and side-by-side commitments, as applicable. Blackstone Inc. (“Blackstone”) is a leading global investment manager. The real estate group of Blackstone, Blackstone Real Estate, is our sponsor and an affiliate of our advisor. Information regarding Blackstone and Blackstone Real Estate is included to provide information regarding the experience of our sponsor and its affiliates. An investment in BREIT is not an investment in our sponsor or Blackstone as BREIT is a separate and distinct legal entity.
Summary of Risk Factors
BREIT is a non-listed REIT that invests primarily in stabilized income-generating commercial real estate investments across asset classes in the United States and, to a lesser extent, real estate debt investments, with a focus on current income. We may invest to a lesser extent in Canada and Europe and potentially elsewhere. This investment involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should read the prospectus carefully for a description of the risks associated with an investment in BREIT. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- There is no public trading market for our common stock and repurchase of shares by us will likely be the only way to dispose of your shares. We are not obligated to repurchase any shares under our share repurchase plan and may choose to repurchase only some, or even none, of the shares that have been requested to be repurchased. In addition, repurchases will be subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. Further, our board of directors may make exceptions to, modify or suspend our share repurchase plan. As a result, our shares should be considered as having only limited liquidity and at times may be illiquid.
- We cannot guarantee that we will make distributions, and if we do we may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including, without limitation, the sale of or repayments under our assets, borrowings or offering proceeds, and we have no limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources.
- The purchase and repurchase price for shares of our common stock are generally based on our prior month’s net asset value (“NAV”) and are not based on any public trading market. While there will be independent annual appraisals of our properties, the appraisal of properties is inherently subjective, and our NAV may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our properties could be liquidated on any given day. The NAV per share, if calculated as of the date on which you make your subscription request or repurchase request, may be significantly different than the transaction price you pay or the repurchase price you receive. Certain of our investments or liabilities are subject to high levels of volatility from time to time and could change in value significantly between the end of the prior month as of which our NAV is determined and the date that you acquire or repurchase our shares, however the prior month’s NAV per share will generally continue to be used as the offering price per share and repurchase price per share.
- We are dependent on BX REIT Advisors L.L.C. (the “Adviser”) to conduct our operations. The Adviser will face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and Other Blackstone Accounts (as defined in BREIT’s prospectus), the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we will pay to the Adviser.
- On acquiring shares, you will experience immediate dilution in the net tangible book value of your investment.
- There are limits on the ownership and transferability of our shares.
- If we fail to qualify as a REIT and no relief provisions apply, our NAV and cash available for distribution to our stockholders could materially decrease.
- We do not own the Blackstone name, but we are permitted to use it as part of our corporate name pursuant to a trademark license agreement with an affiliate of Blackstone Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Blackstone”). Use of the name by other parties or the termination of our trademark license agreement may harm our business.
Certain countries have been susceptible to epidemics which may be designated as pandemics by world health authorities, most recently COVID-19. The outbreak of such epidemics, together with any resulting restrictions on travel or quarantines imposed, has had and may in the future have a negative impact on the economy and business activity globally (including in the countries in which BREIT invests), and thereby may adversely affect the performance of BREIT’s investments. Furthermore, the rapid development of epidemics could preclude prediction as to their ultimate adverse impact on economic and market conditions, and, as a result, presents material uncertainty and risk with respect to BREIT and the performance of its investments. For further information on the impact of COVID-19 on BREIT, please refer to “Risk Factors—The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, has caused severe disruptions in the U.S. and global economy and has had an adverse impact on our performance and results of operations” in BREIT’s prospectus.
Financial information is approximate and as of September 30, 2021, unless otherwise noted. The words “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to BREIT, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, including BREIT Operating Partnership L.P., unless the context requires otherwise.