BREIT's high-conviction thematic investment portfolio is diversified across more than 3,000 properties and concentrated in sectors and markets we believe will outperform.
7520 Georgetown Industrial
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||425|
|Acquisition Date||December 2020|
Inland Empire Industrial Portfolio
Etiwanda & Fontana, CA
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||404|
|Acquisition Date||September 2020|
Pico Rivera, CA
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||243|
|Acquisition Date||August 2020|
Grainger Distribution Center
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||297|
|Acquisition Date||March 2020|
Midwest Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||5,940|
|Acquisition Date||February 2020|
Triangle Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||2,783|
|Acquisition Date||January 2020|
2201 Main Street
San Diego, CA
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||260|
|Acquisition Date||October 2019|
Patriot Park Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||323|
|Acquisition Date||September 2019|
Denali Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||4,098|
|Acquisition Date||September 2019|
Jupiter 12 Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||62,145|
|Acquisition Date||September 2019|
Atlanta Industrial Portfolio
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||3,779|
|Acquisition Date||May 2019|
|Sq. Ft (thousands)||357|
|Acquisition Date||April 2019|
Past performance does not guarantee future results. Financial information is approximate and as of March 31, 2022, unless otherwise noted. The words “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to BREIT, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, including BREIT Operating Partnership L.P., unless the context requires otherwise.
- Residential includes multifamily and other types of rental housing such as manufactured, student, affordable, and single family rental housing, as well as senior living. Residential units include multifamily units, affordable housing units, manufactured housing sites, student housing units, single family rental homes and senior living units. Single family rental homes are accounted for in residential units and are not reflected in the number of properties.
- Certain of our joint venture agreements provide the seller or the other partner a profits interest based on achieving certain internal rate of return hurdles. Such investments are consolidated by us and any profits interest due to the other partners is reported within non-controlling interests. The table above also includes properties owned by unconsolidated entities.
- For our industrial, net leases, data center, retail and office investments, occupancy includes all leased square footage as of March 31, 2022. For our multifamily, student housing and affordable housing investments, occupancy is defined as the percentage of actual rent divided by gross potential rent (defined as actual rent for occupied units and market rent for vacant units) for the three months ended March 31, 2022. For our single family rental investments, the occupancy rate includes occupied homes for the three months ended March 31, 2022. For our self storage, manufactured housing and senior living investments, the occupancy rate includes occupied square footage, occupied sites and occupied units, respectively, as of March 31, 2022. The occupancy rate for our hospitality investments includes paid occupied rooms for the 12 months ended March 31, 2022. Hospitality investments owned less than 12 months are excluded. Occupancy is excluded for unconsolidated investments. "Unconsolidated investments" refer to joint venture investments that do not meet the accounting requirements for consolidation under generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP"). For these investments, BREIT utilizes the GAAP equity method of accounting, which accounts for investments at their equity value rather than consolidating the investments' assets and liabilities onto the balance sheet.
- Includes a 100% interest in 13,715 consolidated single family rental homes, a 27.8% interest in 9,060 unconsolidated single family rental homes, and a 12.2% interest in 949 unconsolidated single family rental homes.
- Includes various ownership interests in 526 consolidated affordable housing units and 124 unconsolidated affordable housing units.
- Investment is unconsolidated.
- Consists of an unconsolidated joint venture formed by the Company and certain Blackstone-managed investment vehicles invested in a logistics business.
Summary of Risk Factors
BREIT is a non-listed REIT that invests primarily in stabilized income-generating commercial real estate investments across asset classes in the United States and, to a lesser extent, real estate debt investments, with a focus on current income. We invest to a lesser extent in countries outside of the U.S. This investment involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should read the prospectus carefully for a description of the risks associated with an investment in BREIT. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- There is no public trading market for our common stock and repurchase of shares by us will likely be the only way to dispose of your shares. We are not obligated to repurchase any shares under our share repurchase plan and may choose to repurchase only some, or even none, of the shares that have been requested to be repurchased. In addition, repurchases will be subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. Further, our board of directors may make exceptions to, modify or suspend our share repurchase plan. As a result, our shares should be considered as having only limited liquidity and at times may be illiquid.
- Distributions are not guaranteed and may be funded from sources other than cash flow from operations, including borrowings, offering proceeds, the sale of our assets and repayments of our real estate debt investments. We have no limits on the amounts we may fund from such sources.
- The purchase and repurchase price for shares of our common stock are generally based on our prior month’s net asset value (“NAV”) and are not based on any public trading market. While there will be independent annual appraisals of our properties, the appraisal of properties is inherently subjective, and our NAV may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our properties could be liquidated on any given day. The NAV per share, if calculated as of the date on which you make your subscription request or repurchase request, may be significantly different than the transaction price you pay or the repurchase price you receive. Certain of our investments or liabilities are subject to high levels of volatility from time to time and could change in value significantly between the end of the prior month as of which our NAV is determined and the date that you acquire or repurchase our shares, however the prior month’s NAV per share will generally continue to be used as the offering price per share and repurchase price per share.
- We are dependent on BX REIT Advisors L.L.C. (the “Adviser”) to conduct our operations. The Adviser will face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and Other Blackstone Accounts (as defined in BREIT’s prospectus), the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we will pay to the Adviser.
- On acquiring shares, you will experience immediate dilution in the net tangible book value of your investment.
- There are limits on the ownership and transferability of our shares.
- If we fail to qualify as a REIT and no relief provisions apply, our NAV and cash available for distribution to our stockholders could materially decrease.
- We do not own the Blackstone name, but we are permitted to use it as part of our corporate name pursuant to a trademark license agreement with an affiliate of Blackstone Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Blackstone”). Use of the name by other parties or the termination of our trademark license agreement may harm our business.
Certain countries have been susceptible to epidemics which may be designated as pandemics by world health authorities, most recently COVID-19. The outbreak of such epidemics, together with any resulting restrictions on travel or quarantines imposed, has had and may in the future have a negative impact on the economy and business activity globally (including in the countries in which BREIT invests), and thereby may adversely affect the performance of BREIT’s investments. Furthermore, the rapid development of epidemics could preclude prediction as to their ultimate adverse impact on economic and market conditions, and, as a result, presents material uncertainty and risk with respect to BREIT and the performance of its investments. For further information on the impact of COVID-19 on BREIT, please refer to “Risk Factors—The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, has caused severe disruptions in the U.S. and global economy and has had an adverse impact on our performance and results of operations” in BREIT’s prospectus.
On February 24, 2022, Russian troops began a full-scale invasion of Ukraine and, as of the date of this material, the countries remain in active armed conflict. Around the same time, the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union, and several other nations announced a broad array of new or expanded sanctions, export controls, and other measures against Russia, Russia-backed separatist regions in Ukraine, and certain banks, companies, government officials, and other individuals in Russia and Belarus. The ongoing conflict and the rapidly evolving measures in response could be expected to have a negative impact on the economy and business activity globally (including in the countries in which BREIT invests), and therefore could adversely affect the performance of BREIT’s investments. The severity and duration of the conflict and its impact on global economic and market conditions are impossible to predict, and as a result, could present material uncertainty and risk with respect to BREIT and the performance of its investments and operations, and the ability of BREIT to achieve its investment objectives. Similar risks will exist to the extent that any investments, service providers, vendors or certain other parties have material operations or assets in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, or the immediate surrounding areas.
Certain information contained in this material has been obtained from sources outside Blackstone, which in certain cases has not been updated through the date hereof. While such information is believed to be reliable for purposes used herein, no representations are made as to the accuracy or completeness thereof and none of Blackstone, its funds, nor any of their affiliates takes any responsibility for, and has not independently verified, any such information. This information involves a number of assumptions and limitations, and you are cautioned not to give undue weight to these estimates.
Opinions expressed reflect the current opinions of BREIT as of the date appearing in the materials only and are based on BREIT’s opinions of the current market environment, which is subject to change. Stockholders, financial professionals and prospective investors should not rely solely upon the information presented when making an investment decision and should review the most recent prospectus, as supplemented, available at www.breit.com. Certain information contained in the materials discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends, or other broad-based economic, market or political conditions and should not be construed as research or investment advice.
All rights to the trademarks and/or logos presented herein belong to their respective owners and Blackstone’s use hereof does not imply an affiliation with, or endorsement by, the owners of these logos.
Clarity of text on this website may be affected by the size of the screen on which it is displayed.
Certain information contained in this communication constitutes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward looking terminology, such as “outlook,” “indicator,” “believes,” “expects,” “potential,” “continues,” “identified,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “predicts,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates,” “anticipates”, “confident,” “conviction,” or the negative versions of these words or other comparable words thereof. These may include financial estimates and their underlying assumptions, statements about plans, objectives and expectations with respect to future operations, statements with respect to acquisitions, statements regarding future performance and statements regarding identified but not yet closed acquisitions. Such forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain and there are or may be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in such statements. BREIT believes these factors also include, but are not limited to, those described under the section entitled “Risk Factors” in BREIT's prospectus and annual report for the most recent fiscal year, and any such updated factors included in its periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), which are accessible on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this document (or BREIT's prospectus and other filings). Except as otherwise required by federal securities laws, BREIT undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Blackstone Securities Partners L.P. (“BSP”) is a broker-dealer whose purpose is to distribute Blackstone managed or affiliated products. BSP provides services to its Blackstone affiliates, not to investors in its funds, strategies or other products. BSP does not make any recommendation regarding, and will not monitor, any investment. As such, when BSP presents an investment strategy or product to an investor, BSP does not collect the information necessary to determine—and BSP does not engage in a determination regarding—whether an investment in the strategy or product is in the best interests of, or is suitable for, the investor. You should exercise your own judgment and/or consult with a professional advisor to determine whether it is advisable for you to invest in any Blackstone strategy or product. Please note that BSP may not provide the kinds of financial services that you might expect from another financial intermediary, such as overseeing any brokerage or similar account. For financial advice relating to an investment in any Blackstone strategy or product, contact your own professional advisor.
This website must be read in conjunction with BREIT’s prospectus in order to fully understand all the implications and risks of an investment in BREIT. Please refer to the prospectus for more information regarding state suitability standards and consult a financial professional for share class availability and appropriateness.
THIS IS NEITHER AN OFFER TO SELL NOR A SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY THE SECURITIES DESCRIBED IN THE PROSPECTUS FOR THE OFFERING, AS AMENDED AND SUPPLEMENT (THE “PROSPECTUS”). THE OFFERING IS MADE ONLY BY THE PROSPECTUS AND THIS MATERIAL MUST BE PRECEDED OR ACCOMPANIED BY THE PROSPECTUS. NEITHER THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION NOR ANY OTHER STATE SECURITIES REGULATOR HAS APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED OF THE SECURITIES OR DETERMINED IF THE PROSPECTUS IS TRUTHFUL OR COMPLETE. IN ADDITION, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK HAS NOT PASSED ON OR ENDORSED THE MERITS OF THE OFFERING. ANY REPRESENTATION TO THE CONTRARY IS UNLAWFUL.